Saturday, October 22, 2011

This is why I love vinegar.

Can I just say how awesome vinegar is? It's seriously amazing stuff. I use it to to make my hair super soft and shiny (while in the shower, add some apple cider vinegar to your hair with shampoo and you'll see what I mean) and clean with, so when I saw a pin originally from www.craftylittlegnome.blogspot.com showing how to use vinegar steam to clean your microwave I couldn't wait to try it!






My microwave was in serious need of my attention anyway since I usually put off cleaning it until it looks like the scene of a very grisly bean/spaghetti massacre as you will see, so this was perfect timing.


I wish I could say that what you are about to see is the result of me intentionally messing my microwave up to show how awesome this vinegar tip works, but sadly, it is just the result of no one bothering to cover their food (me included) and letting it explode all over the inside, which I guess is better for the sake of this experiment.




This is my microwave before.
 Don't judge me!!! You don't know my lyfe!!!11!




I put a bowl filled about 2/3 water and 1/3 vinegar inside, and "cooked" it for five minutes on high. When it was done, I wanted to see just how easy this was, so I took a dry paper town and gently wiped down one side.




It came off so easily, I couldn't believe it!

At that point, I ditched the paper towel, grabbed a kitchen rag, and went to town wiping my microwave down which was oddly fun. cleaning would be so much more fun if it was always this easy. I love seeing things go from a disastrous mess to sparkly clean, and it's even more gratifying when it doesn't take forever or require tons of work.




Here is my beautiful microwave which only took me ten minutes to clean!

Can you believe that?! There was absolutely no scrubbing involved, just wiping and rinsing out my rag (I did take the plate out and washed it off in the wink with soapy water). I will never scrub or use harsh chemicals on my microwave again, thank you Pinterest!


Want to be brave and show us your vinegar steam cleaned microwave too? Upload your before and after pictures!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Genius!! I posted not too long ago about how I used vinegar to get the gunk off of a can opener. This is even better, thanks for sharing!