Thursday, October 20, 2011

Watch out, there's a trash can on the loose!

This week's post is going to be short and sweet, sorry, but my entire family (including myself) has been sick with a nasty stomach virus, the details of which I will spare you (with two kids, imagine LOTS of poop and vomit and you get the idea).

I thought I'd share my experience with the pin about the plastic cereal container converted into a trash can for you car.


I soooooo wanted to love this, especially since my car desperately needs a trash can, and I really do like it except for a couple of things. One, if you have a small 4 door car like my Dodge Neon, then sitting in the passenger side with that at your feet is annoying, and two, the second you start to turn the car, that thing is all over the place. I tried to get over those two things for a couple of weeks, but finally threw it in the back where I can't reach it from the driver or passenger seat so it can't be of use, but at least it's not about drive me insane (although the messiness of my car is).

I wouldn't leave you without a possible solution though, and I think I have one. I'm just going to make a loop of fabric, stick one end under the cereal container lid to secure it, and loop the other end around the gear shift. It may not keep it totally out of the way of the person on the passenger side, but I'm pretty sure that will at least hold it in place and let me keep my sanity. I'll post pictures and let you know how it turns out.

See? Short and sweet:). Pretty sure next week I can show you all about my yarn wreath making skillz, so stay tuned!

If you have any suggestions, a cereal container turned car trash can success story, or just want to show off your craftiness, leave a comment or a picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about velcro, on the bottom of the can, and the floor of your car? The adhesive wouldn't mess up the interior, and it would be stuck on there, untill you need to empty it, then you can just pull it off.

Ashfield said...

Velcro is a great idea! I'm just worried since the container I have is top heavy that it would still tip, but combined with the fabric loop, I bet it would work great!